I am lifewriter.ca‘s book and book cover designer. I also serve as print coordinator, liaising with the printer to ensure that electronic files meet all their requirements.
My experience in the field of print design extends over the past 30 years. My work has included magazines, journals, newspapers, newsletters, art calendars, posters, and corporate design. This is all in addition to my first love (which I never get tired of): book design.
Since 2006, projects have included two full colour, 200+ page hard-cover cookbooks; an award-winning 300+ page coffee-table-style book on the history of British Columbia’s floods, along with many text-only books.
Between 2008 and 2009, work focused on producing a 300-page large format community history book (reprinted 2015) for the Chilliwack Museum, a similar format and size book on the history of a Vancouver sports club along with many biographies written by professional writers.
Over the past few years, I have completed:
- the biography of a retired Wycliffe Bible translator
- the biography of one of Canada’s most highly regarded WWII submarine commanders
- a 280+ page biography of a Westcoast artist including a full colour catalogue of her work
- a full-colour book presenting forage management information and research with the BC Ministry of Agriculture
- Pioneer Stories and Abbotsford, From Village To City for the MSA Museum Society in Abbotsford, BC
- the biography of a local retired MP
- a history of UBC women’s field hockey program
- a comprehensive 500+ page history of the Liard River basin (southern part of the Yukon Territory and northern British Columbia)
- the ongoing design and layout of British Columbia History magazine for the British Columbia Historical Federation
- a 300+ page history of the City of Surrey completed in 2017 as part of Canada’s 150 Year celebration
If you think that I can help you design a book, call me during business hours Pacific Time at 778.241.8566 or email me.