People Will Say We’re in Love!
Frederick H. Sherwood and Mary H. Sherwood with Philip Sherwood. 2013. 8 x 10 inches, 186 pages, 200+ photos and images, soft cover. Book and cover design by William Glasgow. Printed by Island Blue / Printorium Bookworks. 50 copies.
lifewriters.ca managed this project from concept to completion. It is the third of a three-volume set (It’s Not the Ships and Outward Bound). Our services included:
- conducting 15 hours of audio-recorded interviews
- transcribing and editing a lengthy written account of wartime service
- transcribing interviews and additional written material
- selecting excerpts of the clients’ correspondence and providing data entry
- researching family archives and fact checking
- crafting the transcripts, letters, and other material into an engaging first-person narrative. Ghostwriting
- researching a large collection of images and identifying those for publication
- obtaining permissions and arranging for licensing fees
- scanning and retouching photos and memorabilia
- designing the book and cover. Writing the back cover promotional copy
- contracting and liaising with the printer on behalf of the clients
- designing a promotional poster